Saturday, April 21, 2012

Prego Vegan Pleasures: Chocolate

This weeks great find!

IKEA's Dark Chocolate 70% (Choklad Mork 70%)



I'm always trying to find great treats to help satisfy my sweet tooth. Since becoming pregnant, my sugar "needs" have increased. I'm not one for candies and sweets but I can't seem to get enough of them. It's hard to find treats that don't have eggs, dairy, and/or gellatin.

When it comes to chocolate, I've never been picky or particular. That changes when you can't have dairy anymore. You're basically stuck with dark chocolates and even then a lot of them contain dairy. The one's that don't can be chalky and bitter. I found that IKEA's 70% dark chocolate is dairy free! 

***NOTE*** I don't go by "May Contain" If i did it would be impossible to find anything pre-prepared, and company's use this to cover their butts because other products that do contain these allergens are prepared in the same facility. 

What's nice too about this chocolate is that it has few ingredients. It doesn't have a bunch of things that you can't pronounce or have no idea what it is. 

Ingredients: Cocoa Mass, Sugar, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Vanilla Flavour.

Give it a try. It's not as bitter as other chocolates and is my new go to for chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment